Mission engineers continue to ready for the August Curiosity landing inside Gale Crater and the critical seven minute period when Curiosity must decelerate from about 5,900 meters per second to allow the rover to land on the surface at about three-fourths of a meter per second. Pasadena, California — NASA’s most advanced planetary rover is […]
Gale Crater News
July 16, 2012
January 12, 2012
It took a three-hour series of thruster-engine firings for NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory spacecraft to pull off the maneuver to refine its flight path while on its journey to Mars. Once there, the rover Curiosity will explore a region inside Gale Crater to see if it holds clues about whether life existed on Mars. PASADENA, […]
- Hubble Probes the Extreme Outskirts of Elliptical Galaxy Centaurus A July 22, 2014
- Astronomers Discover Transiting Exoplanet with Longest Known Year, Kepler-421b July 22, 2014
- LRO Reveals Lunar Pits Could Support Human Activity on the Lunar Surface July 22, 2014
- Fermi Discovers a Pulsar That Switched from Radio Emissions to High-Energy Gamma Rays July 22, 2014
- Dwarf Galaxy Movement Challenges to Our Understanding the Universe July 21, 2014
- Yale Researchers Discover New Cancer Cell Vulnerability July 21, 2014
- Is the Universe a Bubble? – Physicists Work on the Multiverse Hypothesis July 21, 2014
- Hubble Views NGC 3501 July 21, 2014
- Scientists Experimentally Recreate Conditions That Exist Deep Inside Giant Planets July 18, 2014
- “Nanocamera” Takes Pictures at Distances Smaller Than the Wavelength of Light July 18, 2014
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- New Planck Data Challenges Our Understanding of the Universe May 20, 2013
- A Natural Example of a Functioning Gear Mechanism Discovered in an Insect September 13, 2013
- Scientists Create an Organism with a New Genetic Code October 22, 2013
- Astronomers Discover a Free-Floating Planet October 10, 2013
- 400,000 Year Old Fossil Helps Shed New Light on Human Evolution February 11, 2013
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Telomerase is the tool for longevity and its gradu...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: In the realm of physics, energy can neither create...
- Victoria Jackson: Extremely interesting piece...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: It seems that Higgs Boson happens to be the precur...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Pluto the farthest planet ? since now demoted to b...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: We generally theorize that dust in cosmos consolid...
- Banskie: I personally feel human intelligence is unique in ...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Limbal cells which transform into the transparent ...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: At only 4 square degrees, in cosmos,it is fantasti...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: This seems to be a digital analogue to the princip...