Mission engineers continue to ready for the August Curiosity landing inside Gale Crater and the critical seven minute period when Curiosity must decelerate from about 5,900 meters per second to allow the rover to land on the surface at about three-fourths of a meter per second. Pasadena, California — NASA’s most advanced planetary rover is […]
Gale Crater News
July 16, 2012
January 12, 2012
It took a three-hour series of thruster-engine firings for NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory spacecraft to pull off the maneuver to refine its flight path while on its journey to Mars. Once there, the rover Curiosity will explore a region inside Gale Crater to see if it holds clues about whether life existed on Mars. PASADENA, […]
- Early Chemistry of a Star’s Protoplanetary Disc Shapes Life-Friendly Atmospheres April 23, 2014
- Amateur Astronomers Combine Data to Reveal New Images of Galaxies April 23, 2014
- Astronomers Reveal Relationship Between the Color of a Galaxy and the Size of Its Bulge April 22, 2014
- Smartphone Readable Microparticles Could Crack Down on Counterfeiting April 22, 2014
- Researchers Reveal New Method for Studying Binary Star Systems April 22, 2014
- Microgravity Mimics Aging in Immune Cells April 21, 2014
- Hubble Views Globular Cluster Messier 5 April 21, 2014
- Quantum Dots Make Photovoltaic Solar-Panel Windows Possible April 21, 2014
- SLAC Scientists View Ultrafast Snapshots of Light-Driven Superconductivity April 18, 2014
- Nearly Completed VPHAS+ Catalog to Include 300 Million Stars April 18, 2014
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- New Planck Data Challenges Our Understanding of the Universe May 20, 2013
- A Natural Example of a Functioning Gear Mechanism Discovered in an Insect September 13, 2013
- Scientists Create an Organism with a New Genetic Code October 22, 2013
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- 400,000 Year Old Fossil Helps Shed New Light on Human Evolution February 11, 2013
- Astronomers Discover a Free-Floating Planet October 10, 2013
- Denver: Probably will not. The tectonic plates have moved ...
- Denver: Larger than Olympus Mons? Oh, my....
- mnestheus: YALE RESEARCH SHOWS COMMON SCOLDS ARE MORE LIKELY ...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Diminished immune system function is a problem of ...
- Kyubeats: How do they even begin to date that realistically?...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Energy utilization from the surroundings is the ke...
- Asher Simpson: Interesting and exciting but it means nothing. Our...
- johnny l: awesome...
- Dan: Yeah, sure. How do you suppose one fluctuates a ...
- Madanagopal.V.C.: Calcium is an important element in life forming st...