Mission engineers continue to ready for the August Curiosity landing inside Gale Crater and the critical seven minute period when Curiosity must decelerate from about 5,900 meters per second to allow the rover to land on the surface at about three-fourths of a meter per second. Pasadena, California — NASA’s most advanced planetary rover is […]
Tag Archives: Gale Crater
July 16, 2012
January 12, 2012
It took a three-hour series of thruster-engine firings for NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory spacecraft to pull off the maneuver to refine its flight path while on its journey to Mars. Once there, the rover Curiosity will explore a region inside Gale Crater to see if it holds clues about whether life existed on Mars. PASADENA, […]
- Research Reveals New Man-Made Ozone-Depleting Gases in the Atmosphere March 10, 2014
- New ScienceCast Video: A Telescope Bigger than a Galaxy March 10, 2014
- Hubble Views Nebula AFGL 4104 March 10, 2014
- WISE Survey Finds No Evidence of “Planet X” March 10, 2014
- Astronomers Examine Star Formation in Luminous, Colliding Galaxies March 7, 2014
- ALMA Reveals Unexpected Gas Clump in Debris Disc Around Beta Pictoris March 7, 2014
- Scientists Discover New Process that Protects Earth from Space Weather March 7, 2014
- New Models Better Describe How Planet-Forming Material Around Stars is Stirred Up March 7, 2014
- Scientists Discover a Fundamental Aggravating Factor in Autoimmune Diseases March 6, 2014
- Using “Multiferroics” Researchers Make Major Improvements in Computer Processing March 6, 2014
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- New Planck Data Challenges Our Understanding of the Universe May 20, 2013
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- Scientists Create an Organism with a New Genetic Code October 22, 2013
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- 400,000 Year Old Fossil Helps Shed New Light on Human Evolution February 11, 2013
- A Natural Example of a Functioning Gear Mechanism Discovered in an Insect September 13, 2013
- Astronomers Discover a Free-Floating Planet October 10, 2013
- Solar: Fascinating article, this topic always sparks grea...
- Madanagopal.V.C: The enzyme Protein Phosphatase 1 (PP1) is found al...
- Madanagopal.V.C: It is true that very high pressure on planets are ...
- Madanagopal.V.C: I agree Sir, that houses don`t usually build thems...
- HIGGS: "Mitch Earleywine, a psychologist at the Universit...
- Free of Superstition: This article's headline is very misleading, a new ...
- Free of Superstition: Watchmaker argument...? I thought that one had bee...
- Middle-Aged White Man: "Evolution is working marvels in creation". So......
- Divy: wow...
- johnd2: Do not see why life could not exist in a high pres...