Mission engineers continue to ready for the August Curiosity landing inside Gale Crater and the critical seven minute period when Curiosity must decelerate from about 5,900 meters per second to allow the rover to land on the surface at about three-fourths of a meter per second. Pasadena, California — NASA’s most advanced planetary rover is […]
Gale Crater News
July 16, 2012
January 12, 2012
It took a three-hour series of thruster-engine firings for NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory spacecraft to pull off the maneuver to refine its flight path while on its journey to Mars. Once there, the rover Curiosity will explore a region inside Gale Crater to see if it holds clues about whether life existed on Mars. PASADENA, […]
- ALMA Reveals Planet-Forming Lifeline in Binary Star System GG Tau-A October 30, 2014
- Physicists Propose Existence of Parallel Universes, Challenge Quantum Science October 30, 2014
- New System Allows Programmers to Trade Computational Accuracy for Energy Savings October 30, 2014
- Astronomers Discover a Low-Mass Planet with a Highly Inconsistent Orbit October 30, 2014
- Molecular Map Pinpoints Genetic Variants of Autoimmune Diseases October 30, 2014
- NASA Facility Completes Initial Assessment after Orbital Launch Mishap October 30, 2014
- Image of the Sunrise from the International Space Station October 30, 2014
- Astronomers Confirm Existence of “Quiet” Quasars October 29, 2014
- Decoy Drug Allows Brains of Adult Mice to Form New Synapses October 29, 2014
- New Molybdenum Sulfide Transistor Significantly Outperforms Existing Models October 29, 2014
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- Our Universe May Have Emerged from a Black Hole in a Higher Dimensional Universe August 8, 2014
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- High-Resolution Images Reveal Surface of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko September 11, 2014
- New Planck Data Challenges Our Understanding of the Universe May 20, 2013
- Scientists Create an Organism with a New Genetic Code October 22, 2013
- A Natural Example of a Functioning Gear Mechanism Discovered in an Insect September 13, 2013
- TonyM: "In addition, Planet Hunters is launching an effor...
- Jim: Perhaps a parallel universe explains Einstein's 'S...
- Eduardo Lira: Sorry for the typo, it´s Heisenberg of course!...
- Douglas Furtek: Some fresh cocoa beans have been reported to conta...
- Stephen Johnson: HE'S RIGHT UNO!!! FOR IT'S A MAD, MAD,MAD...CRAZY ...
- Steve Johnson: MUI DOES NOT WORK , the two systems will-not marr...
- Steve Johnson: check-out St JEROME PICTURE 'WIKI HERMIT; for emer...
- Steve Johnson: Both pictures are of the same galaxy but at differ...
- Steve Johnson: viewed-from pure logic, within ape-primate-human-q...
- Steve Johnson: magnetic field distortion viewed inside-alto-pictu...