The failure of the US National Ignition Facility’s six-year campaign to demonstrate fusion in the lab has the government deciding on a more methodical path for harnessing the most powerful laser ever built. The government’s new plan [PDF] was revealed to Nature, and it calls for a slower, more deliberate approach to achieve ignition, the […]
Laser Fusion News
December 14, 2012
November 7, 2012
The world’s most powerful laser ignition facility is set to emphasize its nuclear weapons research after unsuccessfully campaigning to demonstrate the principles of a fusion power plant. At the US National Ignition Facility (NIF), scientists and engineers have been working on how to focus the 192 laser beams on a gold lined “hohlraum” capsule, just […]
- VLT Confirms G2 Survived Close Approach of Supermassive Black Hole March 27, 2015
- Antarctic Ice Shelves Rapidly Thinning, Study Reveals 18 Percent Decrease in Thickness March 27, 2015
- New HIV Finding Dampens Hopes of an Impending Cure March 27, 2015
- New Findings Will Help Light the Way to Understanding Dark Energy March 27, 2015
- Chandra and Hubble Find Clues that May Help Identify Dark Matter March 27, 2015
- A Geologic History of an Ancient Martian Lake System in Jezero Crater March 26, 2015
- New Entanglement Technique Could Make Atomic Clocks More Accurate March 26, 2015
- Black Hole ‘Wind’ Influences Evolution of Its Host Galaxy March 26, 2015
- NASA Announces Progress on Asteroid Redirect Mission & Future Expeditions to Deep Space March 26, 2015
- Quantum Experiment Verifies Nonlocal Wavefunction Collapse for a Single Particle March 25, 2015
- New Research Reveals the Missing Piece of the Climate Puzzle November 11, 2014
- Van Allen Probes Reveal an Impenetrable Barrier in Space December 1, 2014
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- Our Universe May Have Emerged from a Black Hole in a Higher Dimensional Universe August 8, 2014
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- Yale Study: Climate Science Communication and the Measurement Problem February 24, 2015
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- High-Resolution Images Reveal Surface of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko September 11, 2014
- katesisco: As Lynn Margulis said in reference to her theory t...
- Douglas Dwyer: A step towards "FROZEN ENTANGLEMENT" A GOAL NEVER...
- katesisco: A red Transient, too new to be defined by WIKI. P...
- TonyM: Perhaps this team should also look at the possibil...
- Michael W.: One final thought (or perhaps an experiment). I...
- Michael W.: I'm getting ahead of myself, but using fraction...
- Michael W.: If you do not currently realize what you have crea...
- Michael W.: One small disagreement (having read the article). ...
- Michael W.: Who could ever have imagined in my lifetime, fr...
- Michael W.: P.S. I'll read the article above shortly. Th...