At 2 p.m. EST on November 5 NASA will provide details of key science findings from the agency’s ongoing exploration of Mars. The event will be broadcast live on NASA Television and the agency’s website.
The news conference participants will be:
- Michael Meyer, lead scientist for the Mars Exploration Program at NASA Headquarters
- Bruce Jakosky, Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) principal investigator at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Jasper Halekas, MAVEN Solar Wind Ion Analyzer instrument lead at the University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Yaxue Dong, MAVEN science team member at LASP
- Dave Brain, MAVEN co-investigator at LASP
A brief question-and-answer session will take place during the event with media on site and by phone. Members of the public also can ask questions during the briefing on social media using #AskNASA.
To participate in the briefing by phone, media must email their name, media affiliation and phone number to Laurie Cantillo at [email protected] by noon EST on Thursday.
For NASA TV downlink information and schedules, and to view the news briefing, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
Source: Dwayne Brown / Laurie Cantillo, NASA