In Boulder, Colorado, local cattle have developed immunity against the poisonous larkspur flowers that grow amongst the more edible grasses, making decisions to sell cattle a tough one. A rancher culling a herd he can’t afford to feed faces a problem restocking once economics improve, the replacements may die if they binge on the larkspur. […]
Tag Archives: cattle
November 16, 2012
January 14, 2012
A new virus has been found that causes fetal malformations and stillbirths in cattle, sheep and goats in northern Europe. Scientists don’t have a clue about the origin of the virus or why there is this sudden outbreak. Scientists want to share the virus and protocols to allow anyone interested to study the disease and develop […]
- Astronomers Examine Star Formation in Luminous, Colliding Galaxies March 7, 2014
- ALMA Reveals Unexpected Gas Clump in Debris Disc Around Beta Pictoris March 7, 2014
- Scientists Discover New Process that Protects Earth from Space Weather March 7, 2014
- New Models Better Describe How Planet-Forming Material Around Stars is Stirred Up March 7, 2014
- Scientists Discover a Fundamental Aggravating Factor in Autoimmune Diseases March 6, 2014
- Using “Multiferroics” Researchers Make Major Improvements in Computer Processing March 6, 2014
- NASA’s Cassini to Conduct Its 100th Flyby of the Saturn Moon Titan March 6, 2014
- Astronomers Measure Distant Black Hole’s Spin March 6, 2014
- Argonne Researchers Develop New Technique for Creating Nanoalloys March 5, 2014
- Researchers Take an Important Step Toward Discovering Habitable Earths March 5, 2014
- A New Kind of Invisibility Cloak Demonstrates Better Cloaking Efficiency March 25, 2013
- Study Takes Singularity Out of Black Holes June 3, 2013
- Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes December 12, 2012
- New Planck Data Challenges Our Understanding of the Universe May 20, 2013
- Scientists Believe Humans Will One Day Colonize the Universe August 26, 2013
- Scientists Create an Organism with a New Genetic Code October 22, 2013
- The Scientific Cause of Near-Death Experiences October 15, 2012
- 400,000 Year Old Fossil Helps Shed New Light on Human Evolution February 11, 2013
- A Natural Example of a Functioning Gear Mechanism Discovered in an Insect September 13, 2013
- Astronomers Discover a Free-Floating Planet October 10, 2013
- Solar: Fascinating article, this topic always sparks grea...
- Madanagopal.V.C: The enzyme Protein Phosphatase 1 (PP1) is found al...
- Madanagopal.V.C: It is true that very high pressure on planets are ...
- Madanagopal.V.C: I agree Sir, that houses don`t usually build thems...
- HIGGS: "Mitch Earleywine, a psychologist at the Universit...
- Free of Superstition: This article's headline is very misleading, a new ...
- Free of Superstition: Watchmaker argument...? I thought that one had bee...
- Middle-Aged White Man: "Evolution is working marvels in creation". So......
- Divy: wow...
- johnd2: Do not see why life could not exist in a high pres...