NASA prepares to reveal new images of Pluto taken by the New Horizons Spacecraft.
NASA will hold a media briefing at 1 p.m. EDT Friday, July 17, to reveal new images of Pluto and discuss new science findings from Tuesday’s historic flyby.
The briefing will be held in James E. Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters, located at 300 E St. SW in Washington. NASA Television and the agency’s website will carry the briefing live.
Participants in the briefing will be:
- Jim Green, director of Planetary Science at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Alan Stern, New Horizons principal investigator at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in Boulder, Colorado
- Randy Gladstone, New Horizons co-investigator at SwRI in San Antonio
- Jeffrey Moore, New Horizons co-investigator at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California
- Fran Bagenal, New Horizons co-investigator, University of Colorado, Boulder
Media and the public also may ask questions during the briefing on Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.
For NASA TV streaming video, scheduling and downlink information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv